Wednesday 12 May 2010

Slacker rock gods to worship

SM are heading to Brixton tonight to see the slacker rock gods Pavement. Of course the requisite band members have been busy in Pavement’s absence – Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks / Preston School of Industry / Spiral Stairs etc – butto see them all together again, in what will be my first official Pavement gig, promises to be mindblowing to say the least!

I am also quite excited about the band preceding Pavement tonight, US's Sic Alps. Featuring members of Sisters, amongst many other musical endeavours, Sic Alps may be four albums in, but have definitely been on the up and up over the past 12 months, fronting for the likes of Yo La Tengo and Sonic Youth, and now scoring this coveted gig before playing at the Pavement curated ATP this weekend. I haven’t heard much, but what I have heard has me salivating. There are still tickets for tonight if you really push it, it will be a must see (and will quieten down our Deerhunter gushing I'm sure!)

Pavement -Golden Soundz
Sic Alps - Message from the Law

No comments:

Post a Comment