Monday 5 July 2010

Friday Cover Up - Look Look Look...


Once again Sonic Masala's 'day jobs' have got in the way of the Friday Cover Up actually ending up on Friday! So here it is on Monday.

Creedence Clearwater Revival are an intrinsic part of my childhood, and of my musical infancy. Its such a shame that John Fogarty thinks he's better without em... Anyway, so last week I spent a fair bit of time down at Kilburn's The King's Head. They have a brilliant jukebox down there, 'hosted' by Rough Trade Records and ACE Records. We had a lot of fun on Friday and Saturday night, tried to differ our playing lists both times. However I inexorably found myself punching in the number for this one, CCR's take on Screamin' Jay Hawkins' 'I Put A Spell On You', one more than a couple of occasions. Sure, it sounds easy, and its one of the most covered songs of all time. But this one rings a bell in my head every damn time I hear it - that I love music. LOVE it. And damn if Fogarty didnt have one of the best voices in down home rock n roll history...

No comments:

Post a Comment