Friday 13 August 2010

Midget Spunk


There's this post-punk band from Chicago called Castevet. They've released their new LP, The Echo And The Light. Its out now on Tiny Engines. Its ok - not all my taste, but it is all provided with such energy that you can feel the sweat and saliva hitting your face on the first listen. There's some amazingly intricate instrumental breakdowns amongst the hardcore leanings that I found to be somewhat refreshing... Anyway, so I was checking out said album, and I think I found a pearl on here that warrants more than a few listens. Shouting, loud guitar, quiet moments before the squall...it has all that, and a little skewed soul. And if you like, they have another album, Summer Fences - I havent heard it, but Im sure its in the same vein. Happy Friday night suckers! Enjoy the festivities, maybe Ill see you there...

Castevet - Lautrec

No comments:

Post a Comment