Friday 13 August 2010

Piano City


I have to say I am more than impressed with Play Me Im Yours, a soundscape created by a series of likeminded souls in NYC. Here's a little blurb about the project by one of its main creators, Ezra Tenenbaum:


Wanted to pass along some great new tunes by Brooklyn-based electronic collective Found Sound Nation. PLAY ME I'M YOURS is a collection of dizzying sound collages, assembled entirely from recordings of public pianos in New York City. "Specific Formal Training" layers frenetic musique concrete, ala The Books and Steve Reich, on top of a glitchy tumbling pulse.


I have to say the Books reference is very close to home. It is a cool and staggeringly well put together effort.


You can stream PLAY ME I'M YOURS from:

http://foundsoundnation.org/


And why not have a track for the road? This one is Ezra's favourite...

Found Sound Nation - Specific Formal Training

No comments:

Post a Comment