Thursday 29 March 2012

Sigur Ros Drop Another Gem Of Brilliance


I don't often post what everyone else is probably posting, but I had to put this up. One of my all-time favourite bands is Icelandic moodsters Sigur Ros, and their music has so many indelible notches along my historical spine (many of them quite emotional) that to say they shaped a heft sum of my musical parts would be an understatement. So amazing news then that they have a new album, Valtari, coming out in May. I'm pretty sure it isn't named after Alias "alumni" Michael Vartan - they have different names after all - but imagine if it was, right? Anyway...here is their typically evocative single from it, 'Ekki Mukk'. I'm a big fan. Even bigger when sitting on the balcony at night, headphones strapped on, a red wine in one hand and a spliff in the other. Just try not to get all epiphanous then...

No comments:

Post a Comment