Monday 27 January 2014

Wrestling With Husker Dü Always Equalls A Dirty Nil


I had other concerns for the start of this week - interviews with some local bands for The Music magazine, hitting up more reviews for the upcoming Sonic Masala Records releases, new albums from Harmony and Guided By Voices - and all of those things are still in effect today - but I feel that I needed a more visceral, literal morning kick to the face to start the Australia Day public holiday. I'm sure there are some of you that are in a hangdog phase right now, where you either feel pins and needles in your face, or nothing at all. Well here is some straight up grunge rock punch from The Dirty Nil. Don't let the excellent song title throw you - 'Wrestle Yü To Hüsker Dü' is a grunge anthem in the Violent Soho vein. And that is an imminently excellent thing - I will always have a part of me trapped in the heart and soul of the early to mid 90s, sneaking into my bedroom to strap into these fat riffs, wails and thundering drums, flailing around on my bed like a lunatic, where no one else could see. This is another reason why music means so much - it makes you feel better, or better still, free. Cheers guys - the day can start now.


'Wrestle Yü To Hüsker Dü' is off The Dirty Nil's upcoming EP Smite, which is available here on 10" white vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment